With the heavy rains the Central Coast has seen, the landscape has become very green and the...Read More
Posted by Heather Young | Jul 1, 2018 |
Arlyne’s Flowers and Gifts, now located at 6485 Palma Ave., has been a staple flower shop in Atascadero since Al and Arlyne Casper and Charleen and John Bliss opened the business on the side of the Carlton Hotel on Traffic Way in 1950. The property, a duplex, where the flower shop is now was purchased in 1954. The Bliss family lived in half of the duplex and operated the flower shop in the other half.
At that time, Arlyne’s Flowers also offered Western Union services.